Early Childhood Music
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Makeup Scheduler Password?
- What is the best age to start?
As soon as possible. Every child's development benefits from exposure to music and movement.
- Do we offer take home materials?
Yes, you will receive two CD's, a songbook and parent guide on the first day of class.
- Can I switch to a different class? Requests for class changes must be initiated within the first three weeks of the semester, and are made at the discretion of the Coordinator, depending on class availability. Changes will not be accepted after the third week of the semester.
- Can I make up a class? Yes, each student is allowed three makeup classes per semester for any reason. To schedule a makeup, please visit our online makeup scheduler (http://makeups.musictogether.com). The password will be included in your parent information packet.
- Can we bring a guest?
On special occasion you may bring a guest and their young child to class with prior permission from the coordinator. Please call 817.257.6134 at least 24 hours in advance to make sure there is space available in the class. It is not necessary to obtain permission to bring another caregiver or adult family member to class. We ask that you please limit to two extra adults.
- What is the duration of each semester?
Fall and Spring sessions vary from 10 - 16 weeks depending on class choice and finish up with our Family Music Night at the end of the semester. Summer session is 8 weeks.
- How do I enroll for the next semester?
Current students are able to enroll before new students to insure class preference. Please see the website for registration dates.
- How many children are enrolled in each class?
Class sizes vary from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 12.
- Do parents stay in the class?
Parents/caregivers remain and participate during the 30 and 45 minute Music Together® classes. Please provide childcare for your other children. Babies four months and younger may attend the Mixed Ages class free with their registered older sibling.
- What is Family Music Night?
A music class designed for the whole family. Family Music Night is scheduled only at the end of the Fall & Spring sessions and will take place at the TCU Ballroom.
- What if my child cannot sit still for the duration of the class?
It is fine if your child decides to move around during class. We do not expect children to sit still through the entire class. However, safety is very important; please do not allow your child to run in the classroom. When children wander from the circle, parents may take the activity over to them or gently bring them back to the circle.
Please feel free to call or e-mail with questions.
We will work closely with you to make your child's music education the finest available.
Early Childhood Coordinator of TCU Music Preparatory Division